The publication process
Please note that BEME expects that review groups will first publish the results of their BEME review work as outlined below. Papers giving the results of the BEME review should not be published elsewhere in advance. The review group is encouraged to prepare papers based on the review’s findings for submission by the authors to relevant journals following publication of the review report. The BEME Collaboration must be acknowledged in all papers submitted for publication.
BEME Reviews are published in two formats.
- BEME Spotlight
- Paper in Medical Teacher
At the same time as the review group is informed about the acceptance of their review the group will be asked to produce the text for a Spotlight for publication. This highlights the main conclusions and recommendations. The Spotlight will be formatted in the BEME office.
SAMPLE: This is a SAMPLE (below) of what your BEME Spotlight might look like. Please go to Published Reviews to view the complete list of available BEME Spotlights.
2 Medical Teacher
Your review will be published, once approved, in Medical Teacher. It will be listed in the content pages of the journal and indexed in Index Medicus. Authors will be asked to submit their review as a paper for publication in Medical Teacher.
Instructions for submitting your manuscript at Medical Teacher
- Please refer to information for authors before beginning your submission
- Go to the ScholarOne Manuscripts web page
- Log in with your account details OR if you don't already have an account, make an account and log in
- Select "Corresponding Author Centre"
- Select "Click here to submit a new manuscript"
- Follow the instructions on the page, including selecting "BEME Guides" in Manuscript Categories
Contacting the Editorial Office
For help or further clarification on any of the above, please contactSusan Millar, Medical Teacher Journal Co-ordinatorPat Lilley, Managing Editor
12 Airlie Place
DD1 4HJTel: +44 (0)1382 631994